Christmas Snowmen Biscuits Recipe
cutest snowmen cookies Recipe
Winter is one of my favourite season because it’s so calm and peaceful. It’s the season of baking, enjoying the family and getting together at the dinner table. Part of it is of course devoted to Christmas, a holiday mostly celebrated by Christians. However, Christmas become one of those holidays that everyone celebrates. Some for presents, some for more spiritual things,
Cakes are kind of a necessity for Christmas. After all it’s all logical. Our ancestors needed to put on more weight during winter-time, otherwise they would fell ill way more quickly. And what’s better for that than a piece of sugary cake?
You can tweak this recipe by adding stevia instead of sugar, or other alternatives. However, it would be best if the alternative had similar characteristics.
Easiest Christmas Cookie Recipe
Snowmen biscuits are a great dessert made for Christmas and winter holidays. Cut down the days until Christmas with these super cute and easy cookies!
I absolutely loved making these and wanted to share this recipe that I tweaked a bit, so the cookies would be better in taste. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did making them!
How To make the Snowmen Cookies? (Tips)
Step 1: Prepare the dough
First of all, you need to prepare your ingredients. Lay them down and measure their weight properly. Mix them together according to the recipe below.
When adding softened cubed butter try to work the dough with fingers to form fine breadcrumbs. This will make a dough that’s more coherent and will stick to itself properly.
Don’t forget to sprinkle a bit of flour on the board where you make the dough.
step 2: bake, bake, bake
While baking, I really recommend checking the underside, so the cookies wouldn’t be burnt.
The small biscuits will cook quicker than the larger biscuits so it’s important to watch them carefully. Take out when ready.
step 3: add icing
You can decorate the biscuits by painting them white with icing.
Take a large brush and paint the biscuits. Put the circles on top of each other (small on medium, medium on big). The icing will make it stick.
Draw faces on each snowman using black icing (or anything black and edible, such as white icing + cocoa) and make carrot noses on each snowman with any icing coloured orange or ready made orange icing. I recommend using a small precise brush for this step.
Screenshot the whole recipe!
Cutest Snowmen Cookies For Christmas
The easiest Snowmen Cookies recipe is here! Learn how to make a delicious dessert from scratch!
480 calories / serving
- total time: 45 mins
- prep time: 30 mins
- baking time: 12 mins
- 400g plain flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 230g butter, softened and cubed, (+ extra for greasing the oven tray)
- 2 medium egg
- 100g Sugar
- 1 egg
- black colouring
- orange colouring
(icing can be also done with already bought fondant icing)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Put the flour into a mixing bowl along with the sugar and mix it together.
- Add the softened cubed butter.
- Add the eggs and mix well to bind into a soft dough.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Stamp out 8 x 12 cm rounds, 8 x 8. 5 cm, and 8 x 5.5 cm rounds.
- Then place them onto oven tray with greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-12 mins until the edges turn golden and the centre is still pale.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Make the icing by mixing an egg and sugar. Take a large brush and paint the biscuits. Put the circles on top of each other (small on medium, medium on big). The icing will make them stick.
- Draw faces on each using black writing icing and make carrot noses on each snowman with any icing coloured orange or ready made orange icing.
- The snowmen are now ready to be served!
Tag me on instagram when you try the recipe! Would love to see your pictures! Mention @sosheglows, @bonjourista or tag #bonjourista
- Energy: 1945kj 480kcal
- Fat: 14g 10%
- Carbohydrates: 29g 25%
- Sugars: 17g 65%
Check out other posts from food
You still have some to read!